In honor of American Archives Month, the University Archives & Historical Collections is holding a photo contest. Learn about MSU history and see how campus has changed by creating Then-and-Now photos and possibly win a prize!
HOW TO ENTER:
* Create a Then-and-Now photo using historic images from the MSU Archives (found on our On the Banks of the Red Cedar website: onthebanks.msu.edu). This can be done one of two ways —
- Overlay a historic MSU photo from the MSU Archives over a current setting to show the past and present in the same photo.
- Create a side-by-side image using a historic MSU photo from the MSU Archives next to the current setting.
* Submit photos through the MSU Archives’ email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, address, and descriptive title for your photo(s).
* Entries will be accepted through October 31, 2014.
Entry Period: 8:00 a.m. October 1, 2014 to 5:00 p.m. October 31, 2014.
Eligibility: The contest is open to MSU faculty, staff and students, MSU alumni, and the greater Lansing community.
Entries: Submit photos through the MSU Archives’ email at email@example.com. Please include your name, local address, and descriptive title for your photo(s).
Prizes: The top three winners will receive a mug with historic MSU images.
Judging: Entries will be judged according to originality, creativity, communication of the contest theme, and overall appeal. Winners will be chosen by a panel of experts the first week of November.